lördag 25 december 2010

Rip my chest up/ Tear it open like a bag of potato chips

Anna:
It's all good working on splits and other spectacular flexy moves but I've recently realized how ridiculously tight my upper body is.

I guess you could say that I'm the equivalent to guys who practice only their show-off-skills forgetting to work on the basics. Guys with an upper body of Conan but with legs like Goofy who can do one million chins but who can't even perform one decent air squat. Yup that's me. Only when it comes to flexibility.

The ballet classes have been an eye opener when it comes to this. In second position when arms are held out to the sides I can feel it really pulling all the way from my fingertips, through my biceps, shoulders and chest and I'm suddenly realizing what Jon's talking about when he says that some stretch poses just feel so bloody akward.

Well, I'm not exactly here yet. But these are the arms I'm talking about.

I believe that the biggest cause are all the internally rotated lifts on the pole. But then presses, push ups and pull-ups probably play a part in it as well. So externally rotated chest/shoulder/arm- stretch. Here I come!

We started christmas day morning with some yoga and then huffed and puffed in some quad and hip-flexor torture. But then I was left to my own devices with the rest. I'm really trying to open the chest, lower the shoulders and reeally externally rotate the arms. That's where it feels tightest. I'm also trying diffrent positions with the head as I'm suspecting that some muscles in the neck and even trapezius is part of the blame.

So, if your arms are pulling in Deuxième - Don't be that guy. Join me for some non-extraordinary moves.

Extra ext. rotation w. the dorsal of the hand against the wall. High elbow, lowering opposite shoulder and looking away.

It doesn't look like much, but ooh this, for me, is pulling like fu*k. I think shoulders should really be kept level. Easier in front of a mirror. Palms up btw.

And this one's my latest favourite, I'm trying to kepp my chest high to achieve a stretch across the whole chest and not let my torso hang down like some people do. X-mas pressies in the backround!

Just hanging out. He he. Trying different angles through bending/straightening my legs.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar