onsdag 1 december 2010

KB-muscle, week 5, hard day

Jon:
This is getting hard now. Week 5 hard day means 5 cleans, 5 presses, 5 front squats, 5 push-presses and 5 more front squats with double 20 kg bells. 6 sets and 1 min. rest between sets. It's really the short rest that is getting to me. During set 3 I have to start pushpressing the presses and from set 4 and onwards I need to put down the bells a few times during the set.
Week 6 is calling for an even shorter rest which will be impossible for me, or rather it will force me to put the bell down even more often during the sets which sort of defeats the object. So I have decided to stay on week 5 for another week. I manage to do easy and medium day unbroken so if I give it some time I should be able to fix hard day soon too. It is different though since it puts such a great emphasis on the presses. 60 presses and push presses with 40 kgs in less than 15 min. is a lot for me. Well, I'll get there.
The real problem is what I'm going to do after week 6 since I don't know what the program looks like then (no I haven't got the book). I would like to stay with the program for the full 12 weeks but if I can't get a hold of the remaining 6 weeks I'll probably just write a program of my own in the same style as Neuperts.
Yesterday I did some weighted pull-ups for the first time in a while. 5 sets of 5 reps with the 24. A lot of rest in between - Grease the Groove style. Will stay with the weight and the reps but will get the rest down to a minute before I switch up to the 32 kg bell. Ought to be pretty soon if I stay with it.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Kolla Henkes blogg http://www.jernsida.se
    Lite reverese engineering och du har hela upplägget :-)

    /AA

    SvaraRadera
  2. Tack! Ha ha säger jag efter att ha läst. Det visar sig att vi har kört med extremt mycket kortare vila än vad som är tanken. Var på väg ned mot 30 sekunder den här veckan. Nu blir det ju som semester.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Many gyms throughout the USA have kettlebells, you don't have to go to a gym for kettlebell training--you can do kettlebell training youtube right in the comfort of your own home, which is a big factor in the popularity of kettlebell training.

    SvaraRadera