torsdag 9 december 2010

Status Report - Churros month in Bcn

Jon:
There are pros and cons with following a program. Among the pros are that you don't have to think a lot (or is that a con?). Haven't had much heart for my own training the last few days and then it is nice to just do what the program tells you and head for the shower. This flipside is that this slight boredom might be a result of following the program.
I'm on week six now and all the pressing is really getting to me. The first couple of weeks I really felt that I was getting stronger but lately I have reached a plateau and even feel that I am moving backwards. My cardio is stagnating and I feel weaker in my press. Legs and trunk feels stronger though. I suspect that double 20s are slightly to heavy for my presses. Going down to 16s would make it way too light on the rest of my body though.
Anyway, after this week the program will go into second phase and I hope it will get my progress going again. As always I should eat more.
The pull-ups are moving along fine though. This week it is 5 sets of 5 reps with a 24 kg kettlebell and 90 s. rest between sets. No problem! I'm not sure what the jury says but I don't do them full ROM. In the top position I pull to under my chin but in the bottom I keep my elbows slightly bent (very little) and I keep my shoulders in their sockets. Why? Because I feel that total extension in the bottom position is a great way of getting problems with both shoulders and elbows, especially when doing weighted pull-ups.
I have also started doing some yoga everyday. Nothing fancy, just 5 sun salutations of each. I want to make this into a habit and ease my way into better mobility and flexibility.
Yesterday I had two classes. One at the beach as usual and then for the first time another one in Parc Ciutadella. Anna has is ill and I had to do the classes by myself so no pictures this time.
Being able to train outside in the second week of december is awesome. It's between 15°C and 20°C here now and even though Barcelona is trying to get into Christmas mode with markets, light arrangements, churros and turron I'm not really buying it yet, except for when you through some of the small back alleys in Born and you get that "Lady and the Tramp" feel. After some initial set backs we also found a churros place that seems great so I'm looking forward to this weekend and trying them out.

1 kommentar:

  1. your_eskrima_buddy9 december 2010 kl. 18:33

    Just don't think too much about it and buy them. Churros are one of the best things of being back to Spain after so many years ;)

    SvaraRadera