torsdag 14 oktober 2010

Ba ba baa, ba Barbaraaa

Jon:
Unfortunately Anna's sick so no training with her for now. Barabara however jumped in on a short notice. I have tried her out before but failed miserably and was fittingly condemned by fellow athletic bloggers. This time I on purpose set a very low pace (Scale and keep the intensity! I know, I know. Mañana) to be sure I'd make it through. A lot of people at the beach gym today resulted in some involuntary pauses below the pull-up bar.
Just a few words about my fellow practitioners. Full Range of Motion seems to be an unknown concept here. You do your pull-ups from bent arms up to your nose and stop your push-ups at half way. Ok, I know my push-ups are not games standard all the time (Rickard CFN?) but compared to what I see here they are pure poetry. One of the great things of working out in the midst of people with a less than perfect technique is that you yourself go to great lengths to excell. You know - the big fish in a small pond theory.
Well. Back to Barbara. For the non CrossFitters Barbara means 20 pull-ups, 30 push-ups, 40 sit-ups and 50 squats repeated 5 times.
I did it all. It took me more than 30 min. Next time I will do it in less.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar