onsdag 13 oktober 2010

New beginnings


Jon:
First week in Barcelona has past and life is slowly falling in to place. I no longer get really lost - just slightly - and I'm starting to dare to try a little spanish.
This is my/our first blog post in three months but hopefully it means a new beginning. Since we have left old Svedala behind we will try to do this in english. It might take a while to get my english up to speed som please bare with me.
We haven't received our kettlebells yet so it has only been bodyweight training this far. Not that that isn't challenging enough. I'm not exactly in the best shape of my life. Moving to another country takes its toll. I still have no real flow or routine and are not expecting to get it before we move into our own flat at the end of this month


The terrace of our new flat

Today however I wrote down all the CrossFit Girls and Heroes workout that you can do without weights and decided to start from "A": Angie (100 pull-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats) - with a twist though. Starting and finishing with a run. Starting the clock outside the door on C/ dels Arcs. Crisscrossing between the tourists in front of the Catedral on Plaça Nova and on C/ del Bisbe Irurita down to Plaça de Sant Jaume. Downhill through the rest of Barri Gòtic and to Port Vell. Hopefully I have green lights across Ronda del Litoral and then I just follow the water and the sailboats of the Port de Barcelona and the Marina to Palau de Mar and Museu d'Historia de Catalunya and in between the narrow streets of the old fisher neighborhood of Barceloneta. After that it's just a few hundred meters to the pier between Platja de Sant Sebastià and Platja de Barceloneta and the beach gym. Nothing luxurious, just a few pull-up bars and other more unidentifiable stuff but basically all you need.
The running took 10 minutes and I started on the pull-ups immediately. After 25 or so I realised that 100 wasn't a good idea for today so I quickly scaled it down to half. The gym was almost empty today except for a little girl playing around and a guy praticing his not so impressing Kung-Fu skills so at least I could do it without interuption. However, 50 push-ups, sit-ups and squats later I was on my way home up the windling alleys of the Gotic once again.
Tomorrow it's Barbara. And as we all know: Barbara is a Bitch!

1 kommentar:

  1. Jag avundas dig. Mina rutiner har inte heller fallit på plats. Att sluta klockan två är ju inte det bästa om man ska vara på jobbet ett par timmar senare.
    I början gick jag till jobbet vilket tog 45 minuter men nu cyklar jag så vi motion får man.
    Måste dock börja använda min chin-up stång på allvar nu.
    Hoppas allt är bra i Barca, här är det jobb hela tiden.

    Felix

    SvaraRadera