tisdag 26 oktober 2010

Kettlebells..monday...something


Jon:
Mondays are dedicated to Neupert's Kettlebell Muscle-program but having nothing better to do while Anna was at her dance class I just had to try some snatch test style snatching. First with 16 kg. Sort of lost track counting but did something like 80-100 easy so I progressed to 20 kg. The grip feels slightly different with the new bells. Less strenous on the hands but at the same time a more slippery grip. I love to use the competition bells for juggling but for hard core snatching I am longing for some Eleiko bells.
20 kg's didn't do too much damage either. Clocked 100 snatches just on the right side of 4 minutes without too much huffin' and puffin'. I think I'm going to see what I can do with double 20s.
After a few hours rest and a visit to Barcelonas excellent Apple Store it was time for Kettlebell Muscle. Anna has a few doubts that it is possible to build serious muscle with as little work as this program demands and myself.....well, I have already put my skinny legs on the line.
No matter what will happen in the coming 12 weeks, it feels great. It didn't happen today but we are going to make the KB-muscle days stretching days also. If I'm ever going to do a l-sit to handstad on the rings I will need a lot more flexibility.


.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar