tisdag 19 oktober 2010

Gloves at the ready!

Anna:
The plan we had for this blog after our move to Spain and the comeback in english was to first and foremost use it as a photoblog and not write as much as we did before. But as iPhoto has somehow crashed and as there seems to be too many things going on that needs to be told you might have to settle for a lot of text for a while.

Boxing last night was fun. Felt good to throw some punches after a long two weeks without my gloves on. Puro Impacto (those names...) was the name of the gym and it seems to be more of a muay thai/kickboxing gym rather than a boxing gym. The class was good though, all levels, from beginners to advandced were mixed. It can be quite daunting for a beginner of course and perhaps a bit basic for the advanced students but for someone in between, like me, it's perfect. You get to feel like you've actually learned something about boxing when you see the new people next to you, but you also have the chance to watch and learn from the advanced boxers. I love it!

The head trainer was called Javier, a guy in his best years. He was not excessively tall, didn't exactly have a huge amount of hair and his grey melange sweatsuit wasn't from this seasons collection if you know what I mean. In other words, he looked like a coach out of a boxing film and was hard as nails. The fact that there was a younger adept holding the class while he himself spent most of the time standing on top of a laddder in the middle of the room fixing a lamp in the ceiling made him appear even more like a character from Raging Bull.

Anyway, I didn't make a fool out of myself during class and I kicked ass during the last five minutes of ab work. I have a few other boxinggyms that I would like to give a try before I make up my mind but this was a good start.

Puro Impacto - selling thaishorts galore!

A post on this mornings ballet class, first one in many years, will have to wait till tomorrow I think. But perhaps Jon will write something later tonight on this evenings ringwork down at the beach.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar